Growing Southwest Washington Law Firm Seeks Lateral Associate
One of the fastest growing law firms in Southwest Washington, Phillips Burgess, PLLC seeks an experienced, self-motivated Lateral Associate with at least 5 years’ experience to expand our Pierce County presence from our Tacoma office.
With a highly skilled attorney team, hailing from the University of Washington, University of Oregon, Lewis & Clark, Willamette and Gonzaga, we are excited to grow our already exceptional team! Candidates should have strong academic credentials, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a commitment to deliver exceptional client service to every client, every time.
Our boutique firm focuses exclusively on real estate, land use, and environmental law, enabling us to provide our clients with the depth of knowledge and experience in these practice areas normally found only in the largest regional firms. Public or private sector litigation experience in our firm’s core practice areas of real estate, environmental, or land use law is required. Our ideal candidate will have a moderate book of business, and the desire to continue firm supported business development efforts in Pierce County.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, a collegial work environment, and genuine opportunities for professional growth.
We believe in the importance of teamwork and shared work-flow, and expect everyone at all levels of the firm to work together to provide the highest quality legal services possible to our clients. We value a positive work environment, where all employees and their contributions to the firm are recognized and independent thinking, motivation and excellence are encouraged.
- Juris Doctorate from accredited law school.
- Admittance and good standing with the Washington State Bar Association.
- Demonstrated analytical, communication, legal research and writing skills.
- 5+ years’ experience of increasing responsibility and experience in a private practice law firm or corporate/governmental legal department. Litigation experience with real estate, land use, and environmental law is required. Prior judicial clerkship or law review experience preferred.
- Superior writing/proofreading, communication skills and flexibility required. Must have demonstrated ability to compose briefs, pleadings, letters, memos, legal contracts and addenda, legal correspondence and other written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Must possess an analytical and logical mind and have the ability to recognize, organize and understand relevant facts and legal concepts.
- Must be a team player, ambitious and hardworking, have strong organizational skills and a great attitude.
Firm Awards and Recognitions:
- Best Law Firms (2017, 2016 Editions), Seattle
- The Best Lawyers in America, (2017 Edition), Olympia
- 2016 Leadership in Business Philanthropy Honoree, South Sound Partners for Philanthropy
- 2015 Small Business of the Year Nominee, Thurston County Economic Development Council
- 2015 Affiliate Partner of the Year, Thurston County Realtor’s Association
If you are a self-starter, motivated to achieve at the highest level, and ready for a new challenge, please submit your cover letter, resume, law school transcript and substantive writing sample (10-15 pages) to:
Larissa Stewart, Firm Administrator
Phillips Burgess, PLLC
724 Columbia St. NW, Suite 320
Olympia, WA 98501