Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
- Summary of Duties
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is seeking resumes from highly motivated and qualified individuals interested in an appointment for the position of Deputy Prosecuting Attorney within our Criminal Division. Duties include prosecution of District Court, Juvenile Court, and/or Superior Court cases, depending on level of qualifications.
- Graduation from a recognized and accredited school of law and admission to the Bar of the State of Washington.
- Knowledge of traffic and criminal laws of the State of Washington; rules and procedures of juvenile, district and superior courts; techniques of preparation and prosecution of juvenile, misdemeanor and felony criminal cases.
- Ability to perform legal research; analyze and apply legal principles, facts, evidence, and precedents to legal problems; present law, facts, evidence, and arguments clearly and logically in written and oral form; work harmoniously with law enforcement and court personnel and maintain good public relations.
- Other Position Related Information
- Contact Person: Christen Peters (360) 786-5540 ext 6256
This position is:
– Represented by Association of Thurston County Deputy Prosecuting Attorneys
– Eligible for benefits
– Subject to background check
– Not eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Items required for consideration:
– Letter of Interest
– Reference List
– Writing Sample
– Disclosure Form (Supplemental Questions)
- Agency: Thurston County
- Thurston County
- 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW
- Olympia, Washington, 98502
- Phone: (360) 786-5498