Summary of Duties
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is seeking resumes from highly motivated and qualified individuals interested in an appointment for the position of Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in the Civil or Criminal Division. The duties of this position may include any or all of the following:
Conducting legal research and preparing legal opinions for County officials; preparing and reviewing County legal documents; representing the County in civil litigation, including discovery, motions practice, and trials or other hearings and appeals in State or Federal courts.
Prosecuting criminal cases in District Court, Juvenile Court, and/or Superior Court, and appeals in the Court of Appeals or the State Supreme Court.
This employment opportunity will remain open until filled. The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time. To ensure consideration for this position, please submit your application as soon as possible.
**The first review of applicants will be conducted November 30, 2016**
- Graduation from a recognized school of law. Must be a member of the Washington State Bar Association.
- Ability to perform legal research; analyze and apply legal principles, facts, evidence and precedents to legal problems; present law, facts, evidence and arguments clearly and logically in written and oral form; work harmoniously with law enforcement and court personnel and maintain good public relations.
- Knowledge and experience in land use, the Growth Management Act, environmental and water law, and/or experience representing law enforcement clients. Knowledge and experience with the Public Records Act.
- Knowledge and experience in the preparation and prosecution of juvenile, misdemeanor and felony criminal cases.
Other Position Related Information:
Contact Person: Scott Cushing, Team Leader and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Civil Team, 360-786-5540 x7862
This position is:
– Union representation is determined by area of assignment
– NOT Eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
– Eligible for benefits
– Contingent upon passing a security background investigation
Items required for consideration:
– Letter of Interest
– Reference List
– Writing Sample
– Disclosure Form (Supplemental Questions)
Application can be made through www.neogov.com.